Individuals of AB blood type are ‘Universal Plasma’ donors as their plasma does not contain isoagglutinin antibodies (anti-A and anti-B). However, AB is the rarest blood group possessed by approximately only 4% of the population¹. As a result, AB plasma is in great demand as it is only available in limited quantities.
ProMetic have developed two affinity chromatography adsorbents (IsoClear A™ & IsoClear B™) comprising immobilized trisaccharide blood group antigens (A & B). These antigens are chemically synthesized and covalently attached to a biocompatible polymethacrylate support matrix. These adsorbents are highly selective for the removal of both isoagglutinin antibodies, enabling cost effective and efficient manufacture of ‘Universal Plasma’ from more abundant A, B and O blood types (~96% in total)
- Applicable with most blood derived compositions
- Specific for anti-A, anti-B & anti-A, B isoagglutinins (IgM and IgG isotypes)
- High performance (typically >99% isoagglutinin removal from plasma)
- Excellent protein recovery (typically >99%)
- Full recovery of protective antibodies, coagulation & Thombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (TTP) factors
- Easy to pack adsorbents with excellent flow properties
- Robust, long-life resins capable of multiple cycles
For more information on purchasing larger batches of bulk adsorbent slurry, custom pre-packed column sizes or any other supply related or technical matters please do not hesitate to contact our global commercial team: please click here.
To order contact firstname.lastname@example.org